Wednesday, August 19, 2009

When It's Time to Die

I am a death row inmate in the State Prison here at Indiana. I have often given many thoughts about death and how I can prepare myself for dying by execution. I'm sure I am not the only one who has thought about dying. I hear many things. Some say they are not afraid but, I know that they don't mean that deep down, I can see it in their face and eyes. No one wants to die. But everyone must die at some point in life: Hebrews 9:27 says, For it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the Judgment.
I believe that any one with half a mind believes in God and thinks about his soul and the judgment day. I sure do. When I was in Viet Nam I was always afraid of death, dying was not on my list of good things to do. Now I find myself in a new but different battle, Death Row. Do I still have the fear of dying? NO, I do not. I am a born again Christian, a child of God/Jesus and have received the Baptism in the Holy Spirit. How can I be afraid? For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of Love and he that dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein our love is made perfect, That we may have BOLDNESS in the day of judgment because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casteth out fear. 1 John 4:15-18 Love is I know, the greatest gift of all. And I know that God loves me and has forgiven me of all my sins and unrighteousness 1 John 1:9
I know that when I depart from this world I shall be with the Lord Jesus. God has promised me life everlasting 1 John 5:13 so I shall not be afraid of what men can do to me, For I live in Christ.
Now I must be honest, I don't always feel good nor do I always feel like singing and praising God, but I don't go by feelings, I live by faith. You see I am Blessed For I know that death will come some day, ah it could be closer than I knew. But, I have victory in that I have a chance to prepare myself, get right with God and confess my sins, and repent of the things I have done. Some people may not have a chance to prepare if they wait too long! Death could come at anytime, any place and catch you unprepared. So listen, Open your heart to Jesus NOW. Make a way for your soul to receive the gift of life everlasting with Jesus…Read your Bible and study and know the Word of God, that you may be able to receive His blessings. Only you can do it, no one else can do it for you. Now is the chance of your life time, now is the day of Salvation. Receive it through Jesus Christ our Lord and our Savior. It's your choice.
The Michigan City Gobedoer
Because of Calvary

No comments:

Post a Comment

How has God spoken to you through this post?