Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Inside-Outside

Inside-Outside

Jail, what's it like? Confining. To be confined means not being able to do what you would like to do. It is being made to do what you don't want to do. Being in jail is not just being behind bars; it is also a dramatic change of lifestyle. You almost don't think for yourself. You are always on guard to defend yourself. You are always on guard to defend yourself; you don't let anyone get close. Jail is a short term deal. Prison is one step closer to hell and it is long term. I cannot write from experience about prison, but, I can about jail. Are you walking around without bars, but still in jail? How is this possible you may ask. Look at your lifestyle, examine it closely, be very critical, don't pull any punches. Examine your life as if it were some else's and answer the questions you would ask of others. If you are answering yes to these questions I don't have to tell you what jail is like, you are there and your jailer is sin and Satan. I would rather be behind bars and Christ like than to be on the outside and putting on a facade for the world. If you are trapped by sin I don't have to tell you what jail is like. I went into jail condemned. I came out redeemed. I was only in one week and my redemption came on the first night. That was six years ago. Praise God! Jude 1:6 "And angels who did not keep their own domain, but, abandon their proper abode, he has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgement of the great day".
AMONG THE REDEEMED

No comments:

Post a Comment

How has God spoken to you through this post?