Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I Was Cooler Than You

When I was cool, I could outdrink you... I could play the best game of pool... I could hang out with the guys 'till 4 a.m. "and I always staggered to the house" But nobody was waiting up...

And when I was cool, You couldn't make me cry... I couldn't be touched... I was a rock "and I never showed my true feelings" Not even to my wife...

You know I was so cool, It was all about image... All about me, and me alone... I thought I was the greatest "and I could do anything" But I was so lonely...

...THEN I FOUND OUT I WAS WRONG...

I thought it would be the end of it all It was just the beginning

I thought nobody would respect me And nobody did in first place

I thought only a sissy would cry But it feels soooo good

...................................................................

I am saved, I drink Dr. Pepper with my kids... I play Candyland like a pro... I hang out with the family 'till 4 a.m. "and now my house is a home" And I kiss my family good-night...

And HE saved me, I have learned cry... I want to be touched... HE is my rock "and HE created these feelings" So I share them with my wife...

You know HE is so cool, It is all about image... All about HIM, and HIM alone... I think HE is the greatest "and HE can do anything" And I'll never be lonely...

..................................................................

Okay, here's the real truth... 1. It really isn't easy, but it's darn well worth it. 2. It's a constant battle to keep from slipping back. 3. I could NEVER have done it without the Master. 4. I could NEVER do it tomorrow without the Master. 5. Through HIS power, I can see the real me. 6. Through my power, I could NEVER see ANYTHING.

And the goodies????? 1. My kids love me. 2. My wife loves me. 3. I have COOLER friends that are there when I am down. (Friends were never really there before.) 4. I know how to love; myself and others.

There is a stigma attached with this self-discovery of being "wrong" all ones life. It really tends to scare a lot of people away. A lot of truth comes out into the open, when one accepts Yahweh at His Word. I feels good to "get it off your chest". To be forgiven, and to know, really know you're "let off the hook" is the coolest feeling and the greatest gift, no doubt. Adonai has shown me that having this self-centered view of "Id" or "dogma" (whatever you choose to call it) isn't being wrong. Lucifer dreamed this up and has been poisening the world with this idea for centuries. It is a sickness. It is a cancer. We are all people dying of this disease, for which there is no penicillin or herbal cure. Abba and He alone has the cure. Go to the Doctor. He makes house calls, and doesn't charge!

In His Mercy,

A Brother

No comments:

Post a Comment

How has God spoken to you through this post?